Love to cosplay? Love Robin Hobb's books or other Guild inspirations for costuming? Participate in the Cosplay-Masquerade Contest Saturday night at Rustycon for a chance to win acclamation and prizes for your creations!
Along with awards for Presentation and Craftsmanship (Workmanship), there is a special prize donated by our Author Guest of Honor Robin Hobb for Best Use of Theme! For the best entry in a Gathering of Guild Theme, we have a signed copy of her book "Dragon Keeper"! So you have the possibility of a membership to next year's convention, books, and more!
Come strut your stuff Saturday night and share your creativity!
Here are the rules for this year’s show. Please remember that the rules for the masquerade are for the safety of the participants and the audience, not the whim of the director. If you have any questions regarding the rules or the masquerade, please see the Director, Jonnalyhn Wolfcat, at the signup table in the lobby. Your questions will be answered.
You must read the rules before entering:
- Sign up ends at 2 pm Saturday. Please get the signed entry form to the masquerade sign-up by 4:00PM. No signed entry form, no entry.
- The categories will be children 13 and under, Novice, Journeyman and Master. Only one costume can be worn by each person, but there is no limit to the number of costumes you can make and have your friends wear!
- No unsheathed, edged weapons on stage. All edged weapons must be peace bonded. There will be a weapons master to check them if there are any questions.
- No food product-based costumes or messy substances allowed on stage or in the backstage area.
- No outside food in the backstage area. You may be careful about the burger, but your neighbor may not.
- No fire allowed on stage.
- No projectiles of any sort. If you need to throw something during your presentation, clear it with the director.
- No Costume Is Still No Costume.
- If you have any questions, ask the director; surprise the audience, NOT the director.
- If you have any doubts, ask the director. See above.
- Presentations are 30 seconds to 1 minute for one or two entrants, 1 to 2 minutes for groups of three or more. Keep it simple is the best policy.
The Green Room opens at 6 PM. Please be there and checked in by 7:30 PM. This means either in costume or you have your costume ready to put on in the Green Room. Please do not check in and then leave.
If you are going to unavoidably detained, please send word down to the Green Room and accommodation will be made. Really.
Please, NO LATE ENTRIES. If you have any questions, ask the director.